20 March 2006

Met up with a friend at about 9.10pm, talked about some future plans but the discussion only last about 35 mins before I have to go to work.

I am now working as an Operation Executive a.k.a. Checker in our own words. I do spot checks on our bunker barges just in case the bunker clerks onboard is cheating the company. I think lots of bunker clerks do not like us because we are hired not to trust them, not to befriend them. But at the same time, we must build up our rapport with them so that our job can be carried out easily. So it's quite hard to balance this... Anyway, things are getting ok since I been working as a Checker for more than 5 months now. By next month, I should know whether will I stay or will I go. In other words, my probation period ends next month. If I am confirmed, I hope I can get a pay increment.

This job is not easy, I have to wake up in the middle of the night like 1am or sometimes 4am, then go to Clifford Pier, call for a launch(speedboat), and then to our bunker barge, take sounding of the oil tanks, let bunker clerk verify, sign, leave the barge and then can go home. Whole process could last more than 4 hours because some anchorages are as far as 50 mins ride. So the formula is
45(go pier) + 50(go anchorage) + 15(take sounding) + 50(back to pier) + 45(go home) = 205 mins(3hr 25mins)
This is only a average, normal timing. Anyway, will talk more about my jobs next time. Bye for now...

No comments:

Daisypath Ticker