25 March 2006

Today reaches Parkway Parade at about 9.15am after eating breakfast at the nearby hawker centre. Then I saw many people gathering near the centre of Parkway Parade looking down. Loud music n noise are heard from far, I was attracted to it too. Looking down, I saw a number of male models walking around rehearsing for some kind of Fashion Show. Then came some female models after the male models are done.




Poorly taken photos because I was at level 2 while they are at B1 n I used a camera phone with digital zoom. N I thought I was hardworking to work on a Saturday morning (even though it's not my working Saturday), but I guess this models were even hardworking since they already start rehearsing before I start work.

After work, I went to Flavin Lights at Balestier to buy the light cover for the dining light at $75. After explaining that why I only need the light cover n not the entire bundle which comes with the wire n the bulb, she gave a discount n a new light bulb worth $11. Nice lady n nice lights she got in her shop.

Then I went to manager's house to replace the old USB ADSL modem to a new ethernet ADSL modem because he recontracted his Singnet plan n got a free ADSL modem. Nowadays, free modems are common so everyone shoukl have at least one modem at home n I got 2. After that, installed a free DVD player software in the computer n all done. Left the place n headed to next destination. my friend's house.

Since my friend's house is just nearby, so I messaged him before I went over to tell him the estimated time I will be there. But he did not reply. Then when I was done with the computer, I called him. No answer! Called again, no answer again. No choice but to make my way there first. Reached the place, parked my bike n called, still no answer. Messaged him to tell him I am downstair already n went to the coffeeshop to wait. After about 10 mins, he called back. He was sleeping lah. Wah piang, already told him estimated what time reaching, he still sleep? While waiting for him, a malay girl approaches me for donation to some kind of organisation for $5. I always have a weakness to reject them because it's for charity, so gave her the last $5 in my wallet. Have not had lunch, so no choice but to ask my friend to treat me. So pai seh...
Gossip a bit n talked about my work, then he said he got to go because meeting another friend.

Before I proceeded to the next destination, went to the temple to pray asking for blessing n peace. Recently, my wife complained that she cannot sleep well n suspected that something is wondering the house as she feels uneasy. Next destination, 四马路。

Reach
四马路to search for 大悲咒 audio cd. But too many audio cds until I do not know which to choose. In the end, did not buy. Wanted to go into the 四马路 temple to pray another time but realised no money for the donations. Went to search for atm n took quite a while to find it. After withdrawing money, I went to buy ice-cream but I need to relieve myself but got no coins in the pocket too. Quickly finish the ice-cream n went to look for toilet. Finally, I can go to the temple now. Sign...
After praying n took 3 tailsmans for protection.

Next destination is to Lim Ah Boy shop to buy some 2T lubricate for my motorbike. It's been raining n stopping the whole day but luckily the rain did not last long so I do not need to wear the raincoat.

By the time I finished with all the shopping, it's about 6pm. Time for dinner but I could find no one to join me for dinner. In the end, went home to rest n surf internet thinking there might be someone online n can chat with me. To my disappointment, all were offline. Waited till 11pm before joining Bren for supper. He came to fetch me in his father's Toyota Camry. First time sitting in his car because it's less than 6 months old n Bren do not usually use his father's car as he got a van to bring him around. I always wished to own a car or even van but too bad I cannot afford it. Used to co-own a Daihatsu 1000cc car but too problematic so scrapped it away after 1 years of use.

Returned home at about 12.30am n waited my wife to return home from her D&D. She told me ending at about 1am n someone will send her back. But I still need to wait for her in case she takes cab n no one send her to the door. When she returned home at about 3am, she was with a couple of friends as they needed to use the toilet. Chit chat a bit n left at about 3.45am. She won a Casio Exilim Z110 at the D&D n this was something she always wanted. I played with it for a while n went to sleep...

What a busy day!

No comments:

Daisypath Ticker