16 May 2007 - Contract Worker

today at about 1730hrs, i was asked to go into meeting room with manager. did not know what happened at first until i saw an envelope in his hands and made a wild guess. happened that my wild guess was right, the contract for us are ready and he was supposed to show me, talk me through and witness me sign the document. i really do not feel like signing because by signing, i am bonding for 2 years but there's no choices for now.

then before we signed, i was asked if there's any questions i need to clarify. i thought for a while and replied "no". then he told me if there's any problem with work, must let him know and discuss. i think he feels that i am keeping things to myself and am unhappy at work. i told him there's no problem at work after thinking for a while.

actually i might be a quiet worker but i will do what a boss wants without complains. i very "chin chye" one but some might think i "bo chap". it's just a thin line between "chin chye" and "bo chap", so people who do not know me well will think i "bo chap". no choice, i cannot please everyone, so i try to please the majority and do my best to reduce the unhappiness in the minority.

my ex-boss used to say that i do things quietly too, he could not have found out if not for my team leaders who shared with him. he told me to do things more obviously so that my boss will know i am working, sometimes you have to do this in order to prove your abilities but i guess i am not fit for this game.

No comments:

Daisypath Ticker