17 April 2006

This morning, I went to LTA to do ownership transfer n renew my roadtax for my motorbike at about 9am. There was no queue at that time unlike my friend who told me he waited an hour for his number to be called. When everything was processed within 10 mins, then the counter staff realised that the NETS system is down n I have to use cash. So no choice but to cancel my transaction n I have to leave the place to withdraw cash. It's costs $37 for the ownership transfer n $80 for a year's roadtax. It's not very expensive but I been spending money on this bike for past few months, quite sick of paying n paying especially for a six years old bike like this. But if u ask me not to ride bike, it's quite difficult for me especially of the nature of my job n the location of our new flat at Sembawang Drive.

There are too many things to consider if I give out riding bike:
1. I cannot fetch my gal in time as most of the time my wife cannot leave office on time.
2. The fact that my office is at Parkway Parade, at least a half an hour ride from home.
3. If I take public transport, it's about 5 mins
walk from home to bus-stop, 15 mins to Sembawang MRT, 20 mins to Ang Mo Kio MRT, 5 mins walk
to bus-stop, 55 mins to Parkway Parade n 10 mins walk to office. Total? 1 hr 50 mins.
4. I have to go onboard anytime (like 12am, 2am, 5am) n not much taxis comes inside to my house, so I got to call cab to Marina South Pier. Likewise, MS Pier is secluded n call cab is a must unless there are people coming into MS Pier. Although company allows me to claim taxi fare, it's not the money, it's the time needed to wait. I got to wait for taxi, wait for launch, wait for bunker clerk to call me, wait for stop pump. All these are time which money cannot buy back n it's wasted if I keep waiting for others to control my time.
5. There are quite a few more points to write but now I got to work first. Will update when I got the time later.

During lunchtime, my colleague, Nick told me I could be a Programmer by chance. In fact, he already told me a few days ago. But we kept bringing it out to discuss n state out all the possibilities. It is because our colleague, CY is taking 2 months unpaid leave to settle some family problems, so we anticipate that I might be posted to be a Programmer. A Programmer, A.K.A. Organiser or Planner, is to plan our barges to bunker for our customers in Singapore waters or at PTP Malaysia. But I am quite comfortable with current arrangements n job, so if I am really chosen to be Programmer, I guess I got no choice.

Then Nicky was telling me that I might not be suitable to be a Programmer n he said he too. I do not know if I am suitable or not but I know I must earn more $$$. In Singapore, if everyone choose a job which he likes or suits, I wondered if anyone will sweep the floor of Singapore, clear the rubbish daily, water the plants. I got no good qualifications, so I guess I can only follow the wind n turn. N wish for a better tomorrow.

Did I blogged too much today? I guess when there's a target, one can just keep blogging n blogging, until one reaches the end, then it's time to move on...

No comments:

Daisypath Ticker